Category Descriptions for Education Focus Area
- Adult Education and Workforce Development Programs and Services: Services focused on leadership, professional development and/or workforce development and employment training programs for adults. These programs provide an array of opportunities for adults to expand knowledge in a particular field or discipline.
- Early Childhood Programs and Services: Educational settings that provide foundational learning, early brain development, literacy and engagement for children ages birth – five years old.
- Scholarship and Financial Support: Provides support and enables students to obtain the financial assistance they require to meet their educational and living expenses while in school.
- Special Education: Provides services, including placement and individualized programming, instruction, and support services, for children and youth who are gifted or have disabilities that require appropriately modified curricula, teaching methodologies, or instructional materials to learn.
- Youth Education Programs and Services: Provides programming, classroom support, after-school tutoring and/or instruction to school-aged students regarding a variety of disciplines and other classroom programs that enhance formal education. Post-secondary programs are included and typically offer formal preparation for semi-skilled, skilled, technical, or professional occupations for college-aged students.